Monday, March 17, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

I checked out Juno this weekend, and really enjoyed it. Alot of times when indie films get Oscar hype they are pretentious, or about a "buzz topic" so therefore I end up hating them. Juno was not your typical indie flick with Oscar buzz. All the characters were likeable and believable in their roles, and the dialog was funny, realistic, and current. If you can still catch this in a theater around you it is a good movie going experience

.

Tournament time is here, and I am psyched! I still like Siena making some noise, and I also think Butler is going to suprise some people. I am really anxious to see when the Gonzaga/Davidson game is going to be. I like this match up because Davidson is a legit upstart with more than a punchers chance against Gonzaga who used to be everyone's favorite Darkhorse. I think this game is going to be pretty sweet. I think Wisconsin got screwed with their #3 seed after winning the big ten. They are going to sneak up on people if thats possible for a 3 seed. After looking over the brackets I think the biggest meat grinder of any region is the East they have UNC, Tennessee, Louisville, Notre Dame, and Washington State. I think the winner of this region is going to the championship game against UCLA.



I ended up purchasing MLB 2K8 for PSP, and so far it is a pretty decent game. I still can't wait until EA can start putting out MLB games again (2010?) but for the most part it is enjoyable. The one glitch, that is actually kind of hilarious is that the commentators call Victor Martinez "Pedro" all of the time. If you set Victor up outside they'll say "Pedro's looking for the pitch low and outside." if Victor is at bat they'll say "Pedro is one of the best offensive catchers in the game today." I dropped an email to 2K Sports about this, maybe I'll hear something back or get some free shit out of the deal.



Here's a lil gangsta, short in size
A t-shirt and Levi's is his only disguise
Built like a tank yet hard to hit
Ice Cube and Eazy E cold runnin shit
--N.W.A. Gangsta Gangsta

No comments: