Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday 5

I am loving the Elliot Spitzer debacle. Sure it isn't nice to enjoy watching someone's career, and family go up in flames, but man for all the hard nosed straight arrow persona this guy put off, it is damn funny as more and more illicit details come out about his tryst with a hooker from the Emperors Club. Plus, not that I condone what he did or anything, but if your going to jeopardize your career, maybe he should have done so with a smoking hot call girl, and not just an 8 at best. Maybe he should have shopped around or done some more research on the Emperor's club website?



I am a bit suprised the Browns spent the money to extend Gary Baxter on Thursday. I am pulling for the guy to make it back from having two torn patellar tendons, and I realize the 1 year deal probably isn't for a huge amount of money, but it just seems like a pretty decent cap risk when he may not be able to help us out in the secondary.



I am pretty amped about the NCAA Tournament coming up. I don't watch a ton of college hoops during the regular season, but I start following during conference championship week, and am totally into filling out brackets and watching upsets throughout the tourney. My tournament dark horse this year is going to be The Siena College Saints who beat Rider to win the MAAC Championship. Siena has a young and quick team that is steadied by strong and deep play at the guards. All of their guards can shoot the three, so I think as long as they don't draw a team with a massive front line and get killed on the boards Siena is going to be a dark horse and make it through a round or 2 upsetting some better known teams. I also love the fact that their mascot is an angry Saint Bernard. I'd also like to point out that their mascot isn't carrying a rescue barrel around his neck like a typical St. Bernard, this is an obvious indication that he is out for VENGEANCE!


Maybe it's because I hate the Yankees with every ounce of my being, and maybe it's because Billy Crystal has done nothing funny since the 1st City Slickers, and I think he's an arrogant hack, but why is it such a big story that he batted lead off for the Yankees. A much bigger story would have been Paul Maholm beaning him in the face with a mid 90's fastball.



Speaking of March Madness and tournaments Darrern Rovell @ CNBC.com has a tournament pitting the best logos in minor league baseball against each other. I am partial to the Savannah Sand Gnats logo...That Sand gnat looks pissed!



Now without further discussion on hookers and Saint Bernard's I give you my Friday 5.

1. 300



2. Panera's Frontega Chicken Panini



3. March Madness



4. "Rich Girls" by The Virgins



5. Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition for PSP

1 comment:

Mets Guy in Michigan said...

Deezo, I SWEAR I didn't know you were a Panera guy! I love that place!