Friday, March 7, 2008

The Friday Five

Home Run Derby has a pretty awesome list compiled of the best promos going on this season in Major League Baseball. The Indians are once again doing a "Free Money" night where you’ll get an envelope. with between $1 and $10,000. The Indians will be giving away $50,000 dollars to 32,849 fans at this game on June 28. I also like Cowbell Night at the with the Florida Marlins on June 7th. There is nothing more god awful for an opposing team than hearing a large group of people ringing cowbells in unison after a good play for the home team.



I am still pretty happy with the Browns free agency acquisitions, but I think things have gotten a wee bit more interesting now that the Eagles have released Takeo Spikes after 1 season in which he amassed 136 tackles. I realize Spikes may not be the 2 time pro bowl Line Backer he was with the Bengals and the Bills, but I would LOVE to see the Browns sign him to a short term incentive laden contract to see if he could help us against the run. It will be interesting to see if Phil Savage makes a play for Spikes in the upcoming week.



Now without further distraction from the noise of 40,000+ cow bells ringing in unison I give you my Friday 5.

1. The Lotus Elise-When my mega millions numbers hit this will be one of my 1st purchases



2. The Zesty Chicken Border Bowl at Taco Bell




3. NBA 08 for PSP-The conquest mini-game is like digital crack!



4. Waterproof Cellphone cases-the second best thing in this picture



5. Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise



I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo T-Shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party.
--Cal Naughton Jr.

No comments: