Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

I did end up heading to the Auto Show this weekend, and had a pretty good time. I really liked a few cars I saw, and am pretty sure which one my wife and I will be getting into soon. On the same subject there were some other cars that were fricking sweet, that I probably won't be purchasing. The BMW 135i has been produced in Europe for a number of years, and is being touted as an entry level BMW to compete with the Mercedes C class, the lower Lexus models, and the X type Jaguar. I liked the styling of the 135i, but it is a 2 door coupe, and isn't much bigger than a Chevy Cobalt, so sure you get into a BMW, but it is a tiny BMW and it still costs $35k to start. I drooled over the Audi's for a bit, but a more realistic car for me may be the Pontiac G6 GXP edition. I can pretty much load one of these up with options (Nav, Leather, huge sound system, chromed out rims, etc) and still stay right below $30K. It is a little less expensive than the A3 which I really liked, but has way more options, and I can stick with my current dealer who works with my family pretty well. By the way, when did Saturn's start to kick ass? They have come a long way since the economy vehicle they were originally launched as. The Outlook is really nice, and affordable, as is the Aura.




I rented American Gangster this weekend, but couldn't watch it. My wife tends to believe our 2 year old isn't ready for this type of movie, I am sure she has a point, but with his Nintendo DS induced tunnel vision, I don't know if he would have noticed a full fledged gang war going on in our living room.



I took in some of the Cavs game Sunday also, and although I didn't watch every minute of the game I have to say I am pretty impressed with how quickly the new guys meshed with everyone. Delonte West was better than I thought. He does some wild shit with the ball every now and then, and worried me a little when the Grizz went to a trap, but for the most part he looks solid enough to bring the ball up, spread the floor and run the offense. I came out of last night thinking Joe Smif was the diamond in the rough of this trade. Maybe his struggles are going to be eased by a change of scenery. More than anything else, I felt we looked tougher, more athletic and quicker on both offense and defense...Sure it was Memphis, but to play like we did with that many new faces was encouraging.


I read a convincing article on David Dellucci today on the Tribe's website. I am not a huge fan of the platoon system, but if Dellucci and Jason Michaels can put up some power numbers I will feel alot better about our corner outfield situation. I still think this is one thing Mark Shapiro should have addressed in the off season, but with Michaels playing solid last year and having Dellucci back healthy (hopefully) we'll be able to get some production from Left Field.



I can't get the song "West Coast" by Coconut Records out of my head. My buddy has it as his profile song on MySpace, and honestly I haven't been able to get it out of my head since I 1st heard it. Now it has made the rotation on I-Rocco Baldelli (My ipod) and chances are it will be there until I gouge my ears out.

No comments: