Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

I checked out Forgetting Sarah Marshall this weekend and was pretty entertained. I don't know where it ranks against Knocked Up or Superbad, but it was a pretty decent flick all and all. Mila Kunis was pretty good in here role as the other woman, and in my opinion is an upgrade over Kristen Bell. In that situation A guy couldn't really lose in that situation. I could have done without the 10 or so scenes of male frontal nudity, but it did add to the akward feeling of the scenes. I also saw previews for another flick upcoming by the guys who have done these movies called Pineapple Express, and it looks hilarious. It is sort of a combination of the old cheech and chong flicks but with a Midnight Run action flavor to it. I am definitley looking forward to seeing this movie when it drops in August.



The Tribe is killing me right now. Criaggers and I headed down to the finale of the Tigers series to see Fausto pitch a gem, and the bats actually come alive. I wish this team could put together complete games, because lately either one facet of our game shows up like pitching, and the other doesn't. It is good to see Pronk starting to take good swings, and I am also happy Garko hasn't hit a sophomore slump, but the 2 headed monster in Left field is sort of killing us right now. Hopefully either Michaels or Dellucci get it together, or I wouldn't be suprised to see Ben Francisco get the call from Buffalo. I also have been watching Barfield's stats, and he is hitting well in AAA. Shouldn't he be a good enough athlete to play left? Whatever the case is, I am trying not to go into full out panic mode, but it is tough, April is coming to a close, and this team just seems to be stuck in neutral.



I haven't had a Friday 5 post since I was knee high to a grass hopper so here goes:

1. Sasa Matsu- The Sasa Fire roll is absurd, it is probably the best sushi roll ever



2. Lupe' Fiasco- I-Rocco Baldelli has been blasting "Superstar" non-stop



3. Matt Holiday- Single handedly carrying my fantasy baseball team



4. My Prescription Kaenon Variant's- I am psyched for sunglass weather again


5. The Ultimate Fighter 7- Having the contestants fighttheir way on to the show was an awesome idea.

No comments: