Sunday, April 6, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up & Junk

Checked out some NCAA tourney action and a lot of baseball this weekend. I was pretty suprised with both Memphis and Kansas beating UCLA and UNC respectively. I had UCLA/UNC playing for the title, but both seemed to shit the bed in the national semis. I was pretty shocked that Tyler Hansboro got beat up pretty bad on the boards and offensively. I have seen him play probably 3-5 times, and he always seems like the scrappiest player on the floor, but against Memphis he just looked outclassed.



The Tribe had an up and down opening week. Opening day they took a 7 run lead on the Chi-Sox, relinquished the lead, and then Casey Blake bailed them out in full out baseball savior mode. More than anything I am bothered that our bullpen has looked shaky, and CC has looked erratic. I also am worried that Victor is hurt worse than the Tribe is letting on. Hopefully things gel without him in the lineup. More than anything else there are still 157 games left, so I am not even close to panicking, but alot of the mental check marks I had about the 08 Tribe are not question marks.



The new Jet Li Jackie Chan flick "Forbidden Kingdom" looks bad ass. Uusally Jackie Chan plays more clownish loveable figures, and Li is more the anti-hero type. I am kind of psyched to see what direction they go in with the story in this one. Having two of the best martial art stars in the same movie can't be a bad thing though.



Greg Giraldo comments on getting old, man-boy whores, and bitches...good times.

No comments: